Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Deeper Life


Into the depths of Christ I plunge

  What else is there but to be purged of sin

    Those faults that hinder His life in me

      Must all be surrendered to His life within


To much of me to little of Him

  So into the depths of His Spirit I’ll swim

    Deeper than I’ve ever been

      For the shallows purge not carnality


I need to find that part I miss

  The promise of complete fullness

    Laying aside every remnant of pride

      To find that place in Him to abide


Although In Him I have found true rest

  Power over sin and His love and grace

    Yet more of Him and less of me

      Is still ahead, so I’ll press on


Until the day He calls me home

  There’s more to gain in His highest call

    Than is offered by this world’s store

      With all its fortune, with all its fame


Onward I press, no turning back

  Lot’s wife’s pillar of salt I taste

    To remind me of what’s in store

      For those who doubt and turn back for more


Of the old life’s pleasures

  Rather than the cross’ shame

    The broad road’s lined with

      Quick and easy pleasure to numb sin’s shame


Once I walked down that that easy way

  My friends so many it was easy to say

    Yes to pleasure and no to the cross

      So many on the broad road to share in one’s loss


The loss of things eternally blessed

  In heaven protected from the moth and the rust

    That corrupts all of this word’s gain

      Every day is for earning in the heavenly place


Raise up, oh you sons of God

  Who are double minded in thought

    And loose more day by day

      Of the glorious riches in Christ to be gained


When dying with Him

  To a selfish life full of shame

    And finding true value in His cross

      Where to live is Christ and to die is gain!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home